a. And function
b. Or function
c. Nand function
d. Not function
What is the decimal value of this 16-bit 2's complement number?
The Full Adder chip has:
a. 2 input pins, 2 output pins.
b. 2 input pins, 1 output pin.
c. 3 input pins, 2 output pins.
d. 3 input pins, 1 output pin.
What is the most basic element of every computer system?
c. Logic Gate
True/False: Adding 011011012 to 101000102 in 8-bit unsigned binary will cause an overflow.
Whick of the following is NOT a component required to represent a floating point number in binary?
c. Sign bit
Match the following gates to their description.
And → If a=b=1 then out=1 else out=0,
Not → If in=0 then out=1 else out=0,
Nand → If a=b=1 then out=0 else out=1,
Or → If a=b=0 then out=0 else out=1
9. What is the decimal value of 54 (base 10) converted to binary and 2's complement?
10. What is the decimal equivalent of the binary number 10011101? Assume "unsigned" binary for the conversion.
11. What is the function of the following logic circuit?
a. full adder
b. half adder
c. And circuit
12. The ny control bit will:
a. Zero the y input.
b. Negate the x input.
c. Negate the ng output.
d. Negate the y input.
13. A coding approach that recognizes the MSB with a value of 1 to be a negative number is called?
a. Signed Magnitude
b. 1's complement
c. 2's complement
d. Binary Coded Decimal
The boolean expression A+B represents which of the following:
a. A NOR B
b. A NAND B
c. A NOT B
d. A NAND B
2. True/False: According to DeMorgan's Theorem, inverting the output of an AND gate yields the same output as an OR gate with inverted inputs?
True/ False: In a 16-bit Multiplexor the selector is 16-bit wide.
True/False: The operation to be performed within the ALU is selected with a multiplexor circuit.
What circuit does the following truth table belong to?
a. half adder
b. full adder
d. ALU (Arithmetic Logic Unit)
Given the following logic gate, select the truth table from below that is NOT valid given the format A - B - Output:
a. 0 - 0 - 0
b. 0 - 1 - 1
c. 1 - 1 - 1
d. 1 - 0 - 1
What is the binary pattern that represents 6ten (in a 16-bit binary system)?
Which Two-Input Boolean function will return 0 for every input it receives?
a. Constant 0
Name an unary Boolean function:
If a demultiplexor selector bit is set to 1, and both outputs (a and b) are 0, then the input must have been: